[racket] syntax, differently

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Jul 31 15:42:06 EDT 2010

I am not a student, but try to think and do like student now.

I would be very frustrated when all the time I run a program, my code would
be reindented and get quite another appearance. WHAT HAPPENS HERE, would be
my first thought. Reindenting a file before saving it would give me the same
surprise when opening it again. Wow, this apparently is not the program I
have entered. Where is my program???

Nevertheless I agree with Matthias that indentation is a very helpfull tool.
But doing that without explicit request seems confusing to me (at the least)

Just a strong advice to type control-I from time to time would not be
adaquate? Furthermore, typing a program with the standard indentation
settings already gives indentation while typing. Wow, that's not the
indentation I expected after my last line-break. Ho, I see, a parenthesis
too much or too less in the previous line. No problem, add or remove it
followed by control-I.

BTW, for myself I prefer indentation by exactly as many spaces as there are
unsatisfied open parentheses (for as far as possible, for shotcuts like '''
and '#'' and '#,@' may inhibit my preferred indentation.)

Jos