[racket] Facing some flickering problems

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 22 21:06:01 EDT 2010

If you define the images at the top-level of your program and then
just refer to the variables, that is what will happen. It may or may
not speed up drawing, however, depending if what is slow is the actual
drawing or not.

Performance debugging is not as easy as writing the program in the
first place. There are lots of things that can make a program slow.
(This is just meant as a warning that it may not be a short road to
the answer.)

Robby