[racket] Newbie question - Drscheme hangs on directory-exists?

From: John Sampson (jrs.idx at ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Jul 22 07:07:55 EDT 2010

Oddly the search box didn't give me the answer yesterday (via Internet
Explorer), but today it seems to work
after a delay.

As for examples, I think the more examples the better - one cannot have
too many, if space allows. An example
can be worth a thousand words of explanation. I expect I am not alone in
wanting to know what a programming
language or system is capable of in one's proposed area of use before
deciding whether it is worth learning from
the ground up. Thus in this instance I missed the material on escaping.

Regards

_John Sampson_

On 22/07/2010 09:56, Noel Welsh wrote:
> Entering 'directory-exists?' in the search box at
> http://docs.racket-lang.org/ (equivalently, use the Help Desk) gives
> me one answer. Is the issue that the search is not good enough (it
> could be better but it is pretty good) or that the docs don't have
> enough context and examples?
>
> N.
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM, John Sampson<jrs.idx at ntlworld.com>  wrote:
>
>> I haven't really found my way round the documentation yet. I find that if I
>> want to look up "directory-exists?"
>> using Google in Mozilla Firefox is the best way.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> _John Sampson_

Posted on the users mailing list.