[racket] Bulding for Solaris 5.10 AMD64

From: Tim Brown (tim.brown at cityc.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 21 07:58:48 EDT 2010

Matt,

I have successfully built racket for Solaris 5.10 AMD64 from git.

Thank you very much for your help.

On 21/07/10 02:20, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> I've pushed a repair to the git repo, along with your patch to
> "sconfig.h".
>
> The bug was in the code that patches a return address in the stack to
> release cached stack-trace information. The JIT-generated code at the
> patched-in address wasn't saving and restoring the return value
> correctly. The only remaining mystery is why this bug hasn't caused
> lots of trouble before.

Was it a Solaris/amd64 issue, or more general? I haven't managed to build,
or come close to building, this target until recently (later end of v4).
There was too much fiddling around with the GC source for me to cope with,
and in any case, I could get away with a 32-bit i386 build. So, maybe,
nobody has made a Solaris amd64 build before? It *is* a bit niche!

I've checked the FFI (which is the main reason I need the 64-bit build),
and it works (for getenv(), anyway).

I can now apply scheme, er, racket to our existent C applications.
Truly, this is very exciting.

Thanks again,

Tim

--
Tim Brown <tim.brown at cityc.co.uk>  | City Computing Limited            |
T: +44 20 8770 2110                | City House, Sutton Park Road      |