[racket] How to install non-gui portion of racket

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 20 13:36:29 EDT 2010

It's best to configure with `--disable-gracket', which skips the build
of the GUI binary. That way, your installation will have a complete set
of documentation of libraries, though it will also include DrRacket
libraries that won't be useful.

To get a distribution analogous to the old "MzScheme" distribution, go

  http://download.racket-lang.org/

then follow "installers" and then "Racket Textual", which will get you
to "racket-textual-5.0-src-unix.tgz".

The Racket Textual distribution omits documentation and some other
non-GUI libraries, but it may be what you need.