[racket] Compiling Racket on Maemo 5

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 11:00:12 EDT 2010

At Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:22:37 +0200, nitralime wrote:
/home/user/tmp/plt-5.0-ffi/src/build/racket/gc2/../../../racket/gc2/sighand.c:5
> 8:
> undefined reference to `mz_proc_thread_self'

That's also fixed in the latest sources.

> I will also give the latest Racket sources a try!!
> By the way it would be helpful if there is a pointer
> to latest sources of Racket on the web site!

In the "Community" link, it's in the "Development" section.

You should also be able to find it by following the "Download" link and
then "Nightly build installers", but the updated version of that page
is not yet in place.

> PS: It would be also helpful if the build process
>      could take advantage of the available libraries
>      on a platform. In this way it will take us the burden
>      of compiling the same libraries again!
>      E.g., on Maemo there are already binary packages
>      for libgmp, libffi and libgc.

In the case of `libffi', we could fix `configure' to detect and use an
existing installation. That's on my list.

Unfortunately, it won't work for the other libraries you suggest. We
use a thin and customized slice of `libgmp'. Our `libgc' is also
patched, mostly to extend the finalization support.

Posted on the users mailing list.