[racket] DrRacket never uses more than 1 GB?

From: Greg Hendershott (greghendershott at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 12 15:43:12 EDT 2010

I have Limit Memory set to "Unlimited" in DrRacket.

Regardless, the DrRacket process never seems to exceed about 1,069,999
bytes (Windows 7 64-bit).

My understanding is that 32 bit processes on Win64 should get 2 GB (I
have 4 GB physical). So why is it maxing out at just under 1 GB?

BTW I ask this in the context of an out of memory error that cropped
up recently. Due either due to my own recent code changes, or, due to
moving from PLT 4 to Racket.  I'm git bisect-ing my way through the
former possibility, although this is painful as the memory error takes
a good 10 to 15 minutes to occur on each one. Also I'll try
downgrading to PLT 4.

Posted on the users mailing list.