[racket] [htdp] Help with Exercise 12.4.2

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Jul 7 13:58:13 EDT 2010

Dear Sam

I may have given less than a clue, but now you alre4ady have got too much of
it.
My idea was to make you thinking:

A word is a list of letters.
Then: what is a list of words?
How do I add a letter to a word?
How do I add a word to a list of words?
And finally: how do I add a letter to every word of a list of words?
I am sure that by scrutinely following the recipe, you would have found out
by yourself!

Jos

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Sam Griff <sgriff89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exercise 12.4.2 is notorius. When looking to (list 'a 'b 'c), you should
> exspect 6 distinct permutations.
> Jos

Thanks for your response but that really doesn't help me much. I'm
focusing on insert-everywhere/in-single-word now. I understand what
arrangements does   and what permutations to expect.