[racket] Planet crashing, hanging upgade during compilation

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 3 20:57:31 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 6:04 PM, synx <plt at synx.us.to> wrote:

> On 07/02/2010 04:12 AM, Robby Findler wrote:
>> I am able to download that from my home machine and my machine at my office
>> without it failing (I'm in Chicago, my office is in Evanston, IL and the
>> planet server is in Boston if that matters).
>
> Hmm... if that's true, who else could it be but my ISP? You'd think this
> a problem for more than just .plt files though, or more than just
> planet.racket-lang.org. How peculiar!
>
> I can ask a friend to try and download that file. Hold on...
> Two of my friends could both download it, one even in the same city as I
> am. I gave up on trying to get it working myself for now, and just had
> them send me the .plt file indirectly. I'd still like to figure out why
> my connection is hanging at like 23% only for planet.racket-lang.org in
> particular.

Yes, I don't think that it is your problem, rather that something
about your connection is tickling a problem.

> I might also subtly hint at how it'd be nice if planet could support
> resuming downloads, that way even if I could only get 30% at a time it'd
> eventually finish.

PLaneT is running a very old version of racket from before the
webserver supported that stuff. Upgrading it on my list.

If you want, I'll be happy to email you any .plt files you want until
I get that taken care of.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.