[racket] Google doesn't know from DrRacket

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (stephen.degabrielle at acm.org)
Date: Fri Jul 2 04:30:18 EDT 2010

You're right. I suppose there is no magic sauce.

Pagerank will come with time, though I must remember to change or
include the link to www.racket-lang.org where I make PLT scheme/racket
reference, especially on relevant sites with high googlejuice.

S.

On Friday, July 2, 2010, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Jul  1, Stephen De Gabrielle wrote:
>> Google respects the http redirection response(301), but only seems to
>> maintain page rank for page to page mappings: [...]
>
> Like I said, in most cases, we *don't* have a redirection from the
> plt-scheme.org pages to racket-lang.org.  There's only a few with a
> redirection, like docs.plt-scheme.org -- since that has always pointed
> at the documentation for the recent release.
>
> (And in that case you'll see that every page redirects to the
> corresponding new page -- try to go to
> http://docs.plt-scheme.org/guide and see where you end up.)
>

> On Jul  1, Joe Marshall wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Stephen De Gabrielle
>> <stephen.degabrielle at acm.org> wrote:
>> > I'm guessing there is a XML sitemap registered with
>> > google/bing/yahoo?
>>
>> No.  There should be.
>
> Is there any reason to set one up?  I've been reading a bunch of stuff
> on the google webmaster tools thing that you pointed at and elsewhere,
> and it seems like the only reason to do that is for sites with lots of
> pages and/or sites with pages that are otherwise not linked from a
> visible page.
>
> --
>           ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
>                     http://barzilay.org/                   Maze is Life!

Stephen De Gabrielle
stephen.degabrielle at acm.org
Telephone +44 (0)20 85670911