[plt-scheme] Teach Yourself Scheme

From: David Brown (plt at davidb.org)
Date: Thu Jan 21 13:28:07 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 01:00:44PM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:

>which I run from a terminal in a vnc session.  (When there's an error,
>the sleep makes it more convenient to abort the loop, and prevents
>retrying it too fast.)  It should be possible to just start such a
>script in the background and logout.  Some shells will warn you that
>you have some background process, but will still logout when you try
>again immediately (that is, two logouts commands without running
>something else between them).

'screen' is very helpful for this kind of thing.  It lets you detach
and log out.  Plus you can log in, reattach and see what it is doing.
All without needing the overhead of an entire graphical session.

Of course, keep in mind that I still do most of my programming in
terminal windows, and rarely run drscheme.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.