[plt-scheme] check-expect exceptionalism bites again.

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Jan 19 14:40:28 EST 2010

I'm putting together a simple teach-yourself-scheme website--I'll show more when I've got more to show--and the goofy evaluation rules for check-expect have bitten me again. Specifically, sending (check-expect 3 4) to an evaluator created with the sandbox evaluator produces void, and presumably the check-expect is going onto a pile to get evaluated "later".  Grr!

Seems to me like it would be easier just to tell everyone to put their darn test cases as the end of the program.

Yes, in some sense this is yet another "top level is broken" comment.

I can see two straightforward solutions that keep the world the way it is:
1) create a "dont-delay-test-cases" parameter that--when set--would cause test cases to expand into call-right-now test cases
2) create a "trigger-test-case-queue" function that would tell a sandbox evaluator to go ahead and run its test cases.

Either of these sound good / simple?  Is there a simpler solution?

John