[plt-scheme] Installing plt trunk

From: David Brown (plt at davidb.org)
Date: Sun Jan 10 18:44:46 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 06:38:43PM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:

>On Jan 10, David Brown wrote:
>>
>> I can understand 'make install' rebuilding planet packages when
>> changing compiler versions, but wouldn't this happen anyway, when
>> the packages are used?
>>
>> Perhaps the 'make install' target should do the equivalent of
>>
>>    setup-plt --no-planet
>
>I think that there was some reason for not doing so, but I don't
>remember the details.

I does complicate things a bit for those trying to build packages out
of PLT, since the package build now depends on things outside of the
tree.  It appears that the only effect it can have (other than slowing
the package build down) is to cause the build to failure if there are
broken planet packages.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.