[plt-scheme] Installing plt trunk

From: Arend van der Veen (arend.vanderveen at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 10 06:51:48 EST 2010

Hi All,

I just installed plt scheme from svn trunk using the following commands:

cd plt-trunk/src
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/plt-trunk --enable-shared
make both
sudo make install-both

This was done on a fresh install of Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.  During make
install-both, a directory was installed in my home directory called
.plt-scheme that was owned by root.  Before I could do anything with
PLT Scheme I had change ownership of this directory to my user name.
Previously, I do not believe that the installation program created
this directory.

I do not have this issue with plt scheme version 4.1.2 (the last
release that I compiled from source).  In this release, .plt-scheme
was not created as part of make install-both.

Thanks,
Arend

Posted on the users mailing list.