[plt-scheme] GUI

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 6 15:37:11 EST 2010

After fixing numerous syntactic mistakes (in a nonsensical but
grammatically correct way), the two windows pop up just fine:

;; Intermediate plus Lambda

(require htdp/gui)

(define a-text-choices
     (make-message "Please pick what you want to do."))
(define options
  (list "Compound""Moles(experimental)"))
(define choices (make-choice options))

(define b-text-field
     (make-text "Please input number of elements"))

(define (choose-prog x)
  (cond
    [(symbol=? 2 (text-contents b-text-field)) "Molecule2"]
    [(symbol=? 3 (text-contents b-text-field)) "Molecule3"]
    [(symbol=? 4 (text-contents b-text-field)) "Molecule4"]))

(define Element-Window
   (create-window
        (list (list b-text-field)
              (list (make-button "Go" ; choose-prog
                                 (lambda(e) (hide-window Element-
Window)))))))

(define (choose x)
  (cond
    [(symbol=? 0 (choice-index choices))Element-Window]))

(create-window (list (list a-text-choices)(list choices) (list (make-
button "OK" choose))))

;; ---

Since I don't know what you want to achieve, I can't help much more. I
can tell you, though, that you should design individual functions with
check-expect tests and examples and so on.

Good luck -- Matthias