[racket] comments requested from users of SXML and PLT xexprs

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Thu Dec 23 09:33:18 EST 2010

Noel Welsh wrote at 12/23/2010 02:24 AM:
> We've been using Scala / Lift a bit recently, [...]I.e. they get around the splicing problem by requiring you to always return an HTML element such as a span or div.

Two problems:

* While you can get away with this kludge with HTML, you can't with
arbitrary XML.  I'm seeing a lot of XML processing in practice lately,
in protocols and data interchange, and have to do similar building of
XML as I do HTML.

* What about in an attribute list context?  It's the same problem as
with element content context, but you can't add an HTML parent element
to kludge a splice of multiple attributes.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/