[racket] comments requested from users of SXML and PLT xexprs

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Wed Dec 22 19:43:54 EST 2010

Thanks for your comments, Eli.  I am still wavering on whether to do the
permissive thing.  And I am also looking at whether Typed Scheme and/or
"html-template" make the permissiveness less useful than before.
Permissiveness sure does make some things harder to implement and more
computationally expensive.

>> [...] However, I have come up with what I think are some improvements to SXML, such as [...] attribute value composition [...]
>>

> Is this aimed at the problem of combining `style' attributes?  If so, can you say more on what you did for that?

I was speaking of named and numeric character entity references in
attribute values, which are supported in some versions of XML and HTML.
"Composition" was a poor choice of term on the Racket email list.

I'm not sure what you mean by "combining `style' attributes".  Is that a
transform rather than a representation/linguistic issue?

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/