[racket] Is there anything like the cl format?

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Fri Dec 17 02:33:00 EST 2010

Manfred Lotz wrote at 12/17/2010 01:58 AM:
[...]
>> (format t "~,5f" pi)

[...]
> Is there anything similar to CL's format in Racket?

It would be nice to have a some special support for decimal-point
formatting in Racket's "format".  Just the number of decimal places to
print would be nice.  (Other formatting, such as whitespace padding, is
a lot less relevant now that we use HTML and graphics languages rather
than ASCII text with fixed-pitch characters for formatting.  And I
woudn't want CL's "format" -- I recall thinking it was an overpowered
minilanguage to be stuffing into a string.)

If nobody steps up to the plate for number formatting, I will make a
PLaneT package out of some code in my Racket invoicing setup.  This code
defines special syntax for defining individual number formatters (for,
e.g., printing US dollars and cents in a conventional US style).  It's
not the end-all-be-all, which is why I haven't PLaneT-ized it already,
but it's done what I've needed so far.

(define-syntax %make-number-displayer/macro
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((_ sign
        prefix
        pad-whole-char