[racket] multi-replace function

From: prad (prad at towardsfreedom.com)
Date: Wed Dec 8 03:04:10 EST 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 02:15:42 -0500
Eli Barzilay <eli-oSK4jVRJLyZg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> If you still want to go with the regexp approach ...

many thx eli and yc!

yc's format idea will suffice for now - in fact, its simplicity is a bit
humbling considering the elaborate stuff we'd written up. :D

i will most certainly make use of your ideas since ~A is not
necessarily always the pattern we wish to use.

i very much appreciate the different mechanisms you have shown me - the
generator idea(s) are pretty interesting. never came across this sort of
thing before in my rather limited experience!

i'm looking forward to trying things with the last idea avoiding "the
overhead of collecting the full text in memory" and found your
discussion with yc in the regexp-replace* thread very interesting
(though i didn't understand all of it). this is because i came across
this idea first a few days ago while going through the guide (the
make-pipe part):
file:///usr/share/racket/doc/guide/regexp-match.html

thx again!

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's

Posted on the users mailing list.