[racket] Remote execution in Racket

From: Frederick Ross (madhadron at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 01:45:44 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> IIUC, the intention of `execute' is to run stuff in some known
> context, where this is sometimes a temporary directory, and sometimes
> a batch job run on your cluster.  So it looks easy to generalize it
> (for example, add some keyword) to do either kind of execution.  The
> plain execute would be a macro that does what it does now, and the
> cluster mode execute would instead take its body and create a racket
> file that has just that to be batch-executed.  (And the created body
> could be in a slightly different language where the default `execute'
> is either a no-op, or the temporary thing, depending on what you want
> in that case.)

The full execute grammar allows arbitrary Racket expressions (it's
modeled on Haskell's do syntax; I should have included examples with
more interesting stuff going on).  But after consulting with my users,
you've picked the right way.  I'll make the batch executions weak
enough that I can just write out source code and submit that to the
batch queue.

--
Frederick Ross
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Core Facility