[racket] Remote execution in Racket

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 07:42:32 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Frederick Ross <madhadron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Someone pointed out serializable continuations in the stateless
> servlets code to me, which seem like just about the perfect solution,
> but they seem to be tied into that framework.

I don't think so. If you

(require web-server/lang/abort-resume)

you get the basic framework without much (any?) web server specific
stuff. AFAIK, YMMV, etc.

> Any suggestions would be very welcome.

It must be that I'm a n%b, 'cause I don't see why you can't just send
the text of the program as the command line parameter, and eval that.
None of the examples you showed seemed to rely on state outside the
execute command. I haven't been following this conversation closely,
so forgive me if there are obvious problems with this.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.