[racket] calling osx binaries from racket

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Tue Aug 24 09:58:57 EDT 2010

This came up before and the environment.plist is mentioned in many
places as the proper solution. It seems that Apple introduced
/etc/paths.d for this but you found that it is not sufficient for GUI apps.

OTOH a simple (getenv "PATH") returns the same things as echo $PATH in a
Terminal window. Generally every environment variable I set in my
.zshenv is visible in DrRacket. (including all the paths from paths.d)

PS. I run 10.6 and Racket 5.0.1.2--2010-07-26.

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa