[racket] Remote execution in Racket

From: Frederick Ross (madhadron at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 03:02:33 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> For example, is there a reason that you cannot simply generate a small
> Scheme code file to that temporary directory, expressing whatever is needed
> for the batch run on the cluster?  If not, is the barrier the programming
> difficulty in capturing sufficient context to express in that generated
> Scheme file, or is the barrier one of run-time performance?

The barrier is context.  If at a repl you define a bunch of stuff,
then an arbitrary execution which should capture all that context
code, and run it on another computer entirely, I couldn't think of
another way to do it.

After responses on this list, I'm thinking about just letting users
send scripts for execution (i.e., Racket modules), and not trying to
do this "clean" solution at all.

--
Frederick Ross
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Core Facility