[racket] Possible to install both plt-scheme from repo and racket from racket-lang.org?

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 15 05:27:57 EDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 18:54, Todd O'Bryan <toddobryan at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of my dreams has been to write a script of some sort that would
> build a .deb for Eli automatically when he packages up the latest
> version. Then it could be uploaded to the Ubuntu repo and the
> maintainer wouldn't have to manually convert it each time.

That would be marvelous.
What would be even better is if raco could create installers (.debs for
Debian-based distros, .msi/setup.exe for Windows, etc.).
Although I would also be happy if raco could create the .sh install script
that is used for DrRacket.

> Unfortunately, packaging stuff into .debs is a bit more complicated
> than you'd think it should be.

Alas, I've looked a bit into that too, and it is quite frustrating to see
all what is required...