[racket] Adding a collection path (Was: Re: Long compilation+launch times)

From: Laurent (laurent.orseau at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 4 10:48:15 EDT 2010

> Or even better: is there a way to add a collection permanently
> (such as in the preferences), so that I don't have to declare them each
> time I run racket, gracket, mzc, etc.

The docs say the PLTCOLLECTS environment variable must be set to a given
path, but the following doesn't work:

<<<
~/Projets/Scheme-svn/gui-tools$
PLTCOLLECTS=:/home/orseau/Projets/Scheme-svn/
~/Projets/Scheme-svn/gui-tools$ echo $PLTCOLLECTS
:/home/orseau/Projets/Scheme-svn/
~/Projets/Scheme-svn/gui-tools$ gracket board.rkt
board.rkt:3:9: common/common: standard-module-name-resolver:
collection not found: "common" in any of:
(#<path:/home/orseau/.racket/5.0.1.2/collects>
#<path:/usr/plt-5.0.1.2/collects>) in: common/common

 === context ===
standard-module-name-resolver

Removing the ":" in PLTCOLLECTS does the same thing.

The docs also say "additional collection directories can be specified in
configuration files", but it does not say how.

Has anyone played with this?

--
Laurent