[racket] syntax, differently

From: Horace Dynamite (horace.dynamite at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 2 10:30:36 EDT 2010

> That said, if you hit return after each 'cond' (instead of keeping the
> first clause on the same line), you're down to 82 chars. If you break
> define definitions in the innermost local, you're below the limit. I
> personally would probably also put a return after the call to
> make-state, getting me to this, at 74 cols in the widest line.

Okay, you win!
Having analyzed over 40 sections of code from HtDP using the find
command, I only found 6 instances where I'd gone over the 80 character
limit (comments and #reader(lib ...) stuff greped out).

So I suppose I was being a little too aggressive at the suggestion. I
do wonder how tricky it will be do have a line-breaking routine that
can take as input the program I posted, and produce as output the
program you returned.

Thanks for your time.

Horace.

Posted on the users mailing list.