[plt-scheme] still stuck with typed scheme problem: "Expected Attribute, but got Attribute"

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 09:45:15 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Thomas Chust <chust at web.de> wrote:
> ... I consulted both an English only dictionary
> and an English to German dicitionary and found additional definitions
> amounting to "criminal activity / fraud / rip-off". After that I
> thought the name wasn't only unfit but probably the worst choice ever
> to label a programming language :-/

It's a joke. The early software from which Scheme is descended had
names like planner and conniver (they did AI planning). Scheme was to
be called schemer but the OS limited filenames to six characters.
Racket is in the this tradition. See
community.schemewiki.org/?scheme-faq-general

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.