[plt-scheme] still stuck with typed scheme problem: "Expected Attribute, but got Attribute"

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 29 05:29:38 EDT 2010

I was making a cultural joke that (unsurprisingly) didn't cross
cultures, so I guess I should explain. British culture, and English in
particular, in very polite. If you bump into someone on the street
they'll probably apologise to you (I had a German friend who found
this amazing, and would ride his bike on the footpath just to get
pedestrians to do this). The effusive apology in your email that I
quoted ("I'm afraid it's horribly impolite to be pressing like this")
is very stereotypical of Middle England (aka Deep England
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_England#Deep_England), the extremely
polite village society that is rumoured to exist in the Home Counties
(southern England, around London). As is:

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM, keydana at gmx.de <keydana at gmx.de> wrote:
> Thank you Noel you're a darling!

So I was remarking on your *extremely* idiomatic use of the English language.

N.

PS: Since this list is mostly populated with brash unapologetic
Americans like Matthias and Shriram you probably don't need to be so
polite.

Posted on the users mailing list.