[plt-scheme] version 4.2.5 crashes on startup

From: John Harrison (jahhaj at ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 17:35:20 EDT 2010

Having downloaded and built the PLT source, my problem seems to be
caused by a bit of assembler code in the file
plt-4.2.5\src\mzscheme\src\future.c, line 493. The error message when
executed is '0xC000001E:  An attempt was made to execute an invalid lock
sequence.'.

This is way outside my understanding but perhaps the fact that I have an
AMD Athlon chip not an Intel chip is the problem? Does PLT support AMD
hardware? As I said it never was a problem previously.

John