[plt-scheme] scribble sigplan

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 07:30:52 EDT 2010

On Apr 28, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Laurent <laurent.orseau at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 03:25, Eric Tanter <etanter at dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:
> >>
> >> Also, with scribble/sigplan, the nice PDF/HTML buttons disappear.
> >
> > There's a PDF button? Is there something special to do to activate this one?
> > I only have the HTML one in #lang scribble/manual...
>
> The PDF button only works on OS X, where there's always an easy way
> to open a PDF.  We could probably test for the presence of
> `xdg-open' on Linux to make it work there too.

Doing this on Linux will require searching (evince and xpdf are other
likely candidates, and more generic things like `gnome-open') -- it's
going to take some time for xdg-open to be popular enough.  (And
before you argue: "popular" = installed by default on practically all
distros, old ones that don't have it are a negligible minority.  Both
are currently wrong.)

Windows should be easy -- just openning it will let the shell do
whatever needs to be done.