[plt-scheme] scribble ultra beginner

From: Eric Tanter (etanter at dcc.uchile.cl)
Date: Tue Apr 27 21:16:04 EDT 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:38 PM, Eric Tanter wrote:

> On Apr 27, 2010, at 4:05 PM, Robby Findler wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Eric Tanter <etanter at dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:
>>>
>>> If I click on PDF, I get no result, just an error:
>>> run-pdflatex: could not find a `pdflatex' executable
>>>
> [...]
> Thanks, it seemed to work (no complaint of the style "not found"), but it fails for another reason now:
>
> run-pdflatex: got error exit code
> [...]

Ok, running the command line version of scribble I get the full trace -- and it's due to a missing latex package:
! LaTeX Error: File `skull.sty' not found.

I googled for that, found the sty file, but that's not enough. There are font related errors. Then I found that:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/skull/

but that doesn't work either. The description of that package is "A font to draw a skull." --> why would that be needed for scribble?? If I let the error messages go (generated the tex file and then compiling myself), I get a PDF that looks quite ok to me.

Can someone explain me what this skull dependency is? what does it really refer to?
(I doubt it is the "font to draw a skull"... unless that's the skull/lambda logo or something;))

Thanks,

-- Éric

Posted on the users mailing list.