[plt-scheme] Scheme grade calculator

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Tue Apr 27 01:50:23 EDT 2010

On Apr 26, 2010, at 10:01 PM, Joe Burk wrote:

> We went over something similar but not exactly the same. And, I'm not sure if this will even be on the test, it could be something similar. Its a philosophy class about computers, with scheme being taught to guide learning. But the professor isn't the greatest at teaching programming languages and the whole class has struggled. Im just trying to get by with a passing grade. If I could figure this out maybe I'll have a shot. Lol, and maybe he'll put the exact same thing on the test. Which would be nice XD

Yikes.  In that case, it looks like Matthias' solution is what you're looking for.

Specifically:

In PLT Scheme (and most other computer languages), it's possible to represent multiple values as a single value using the notion of "compound data" (also known as structures, classes, tuples, records, dicts, and so on and so forth).

I was about to write more, but honestly I should just give you this URL:

http://www.htdp.org/2003-09-26/Book/curriculum-Z-H-9.html#node_chap_6

It's about the topic you mentioned, and the chance that my text will be better than HtDP is fairly small. Take a look.

Best of luck,

John Clements