[plt-scheme] [PLT Scheme] SLIB again, and Schelog

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Apr 22 05:09:02 EDT 2010

On Apr 22, 2010, at 1:06 AM, John Sampson wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I see a query about SLIB was posted a week ago, but there was no comment.
>
> At http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/SLIB there is an announcement that version
> 4.1 of PLT Scheme does not run any version of SLIB.
>
> I don't know about subsequent versions of PLT Scheme or the reason for this schism.
> I assume it also applies to Schelog which is bundled with SLIB - at any rate running
> Schelog.scm on mzscheme in the current version gives the error message:
>
> "default-load-handler: expected a `module' declaration for `schelog', found: something els
> e in: #<path:C:\schelog\schelog.scm>
>
> === context ===
> standard-module-name-resolver"
>
> The Schelog website lists mzscheme as an implementation Schelog runs on, but this is
> evidently now broken.

Schelog in particular doesn't appear hard to fix.

Attached please find a hack job of fixing it; it runs on the most recent version of PLT.

1) I've verified that loading 'games.scm' and evaluating (solve-puzzle %games) produces the correct result.

2) If anyone else is interested, I'll add #lang and require to the other examples and post it to planet.

3) The simplest way to fix the commented-out-and-non-functional syntax-rules versions of the macros was just to make them non-capturing, by requiring every use of %rel and %cut-delimiter to explicitly include the "!" token.  Richard Kelsey would be happy.

4) Since it hasn't been updated since 2003, it's probably unlikely to quickly get out of sync with the "main line" version.

John Clements