[plt-scheme] Help understanding line numbers in error.

From: Robby Findler (robby at eecs.northwestern.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 08:53:11 EDT 2010

Whoops, I misread the stack! That is your code. Sorry.

There are a number of things that go into making the stack trace that
comes from mzscheme only an approximation of the truth. My experience
is that the biggest issue is the inlining that the plt compiler does.
So, your function at line 356 may have been inlined into the function
at line 330. The other thing that can confuse is that tail calls
disappear from the stack (altho this is usually less of a problem in
my experience).

If you use drscheme and turn on debugging mode (the default), you'll
get a more accurate stack trace. I believe you can also do this via
quack, but I'm not sure how that works.

hth,
Robby