[plt-scheme] Ryan's dissertation

From: Philippe Meunier (meunier at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 15 11:43:00 EDT 2010

Eli Barzilay wrote:
>On Apr 15, John Clements wrote:
>> On Apr 15, 2010, at 6:53 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:
>> > Since the wiki and blog are both pull mechanisms -- that is, they
>> > require someone to subscribe to receive content -- I'm of the
>> > opinion it's better to concentrate your efforts in one of them
>> > rather than asking your readers to subscribe to two channels.
>
>(That's why I personally insist on channeling all of my inputs through
>email...)

Yes, I prefer push to pull too, so why not just post the paper
announcements on this mailing list, as John originally proposed?  It's
going to be easier for everyone and it'll mean, what, 2-3 more emails
a month?  And a good number of these papers are directly related to
new developments in DrScheme, so I don't think it'll bother anyone
much, especially if each announcement comes with a 3 line explanation
of how the paper might me of interest to this mailing list's readers,
when it's not obvious already from the paper's title.

Philippe

Posted on the users mailing list.