[plt-scheme] problem running moby scheme compiler from command line

From: jay raj (jay3dec at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 14 08:22:32 EDT 2010

hi danny,

using the version on planet you mean using drscheme then as i already
said it is not possible for me as it takes a lot of downloading time
due to slow internet connection.

when i run
mred bootstrap-js-compiler.ss

the output is

Writing out the toplevel binding descriptions.
Warning: if collects/moby/runtime/runtime-modules.ss does get changed,
you may see an exception during the bootstrap.  You will
need to run the bootstrapper one more time to use the refreshed bindings.
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/runtime-modules
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/runtime-modules.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/runtime-modules.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/stx
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/stx.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/stx.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/binding
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/binding.js"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"permission-struct.ss") in "collects/moby/runtime/binding.ss"
path is: "moby/runtime/binding.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "permission-struct.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/binding.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/permission-struct.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "permission-struct.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/binding.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/permission-struct.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/permission-struct
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/permission-struct.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/permission-struct.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/effect-struct
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/effect-struct.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/effect-struct.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/arity-struct
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/arity-struct.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/arity-struct.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/error-struct
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/error-struct.js"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require "stx.ss") in
"collects/moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"arity-struct.ss") in "collects/moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
path is: "moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "stx.ss", parent "moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/stx.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "arity-struct.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/arity-struct.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "stx.ss", parent "moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/stx.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "arity-struct.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/arity-struct.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom.js"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"dom-parameters.ss") in "collects/moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom.ss"
path is: "moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "dom-parameters.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/dom-parameters.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "dom-parameters.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/dom-parameters.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/dom-helpers
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/dom-helpers.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/dom-helpers.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/dom-parameters
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/dom-parameters.js"
path is: "moby/runtime/dom-parameters.ss"
Booting the runtime module moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.js"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"arity-struct.ss") in "collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"error-struct.ss") in "collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require "stx.ss") in
"collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"scheme-value-to-dom.ss") in
"collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require "dom-helpers.ss")
in "collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
    DEBUG: preserving the require statement (require
"dom-parameters.ss") in "collects/moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
path is: "moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "arity-struct.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/arity-struct.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "error-struct.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/error-struct.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "stx.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/stx.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "scheme-value-to-dom.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/scheme-value-to-dom.ss"
Module path resolver.  path is "dom-helpers.ss", parent
"moby/runtime/error-struct-to-dom.ss"
Retargeted to "moby/runtime/dom-helpers.ss"
[...]
Booting the runtime module bootstrap/bootstrap-teachpack
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/bootstrap/bootstrap-teachpack.js"
path is: "bootstrap/bootstrap-teachpack.ss"
Booting the runtime module bootstrap/cage-teachpack
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/bootstrap/cage-teachpack.js"
path is: "bootstrap/cage-teachpack.ss"
Booting the runtime module bootstrap/function-teachpack
Writing out to "../support/js/runtime/collects/bootstrap/function-teachpack.js"
path is: "bootstrap/function-teachpack.ss"
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: method java.util.regex.Pattern.quote with
signature (Ljava.lang.String;)Ljava.lang.String; was not found.
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.RhinoErrorReporter.replacePlaceHolders(Unknown
Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.RhinoErrorReporter.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.RhinoErrorReporter.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.RhinoErrorReporter$OldRhinoErrorReporter.<init>(Unknown
Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.RhinoErrorReporter$OldRhinoErrorReporter.<init>(Unknown
Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.RhinoErrorReporter.forOldRhino(Unknown
Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.Compiler.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.Compiler.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.CompilerRunner.createCompiler(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.AbstractCompilerRunner.doRun(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.AbstractCompilerRunner.run(Unknown Source)
   at com.google.javascript.jscomp.CompilerRunner.main(Unknown Source)
error writing to stream port (Broken pipe; errno=32)

 === context ===
/usr/plt/collects/mzlib/port.ss:48:11: loop
/usr/plt/collects/mzlib/port.ss:44:4: loop
/media/a/moby/src/compile-helpers.ss:100:0
/media/a/moby/src/bootstrap-js-compiler.ss:118:0: write-compressed-runtime
/media/a/moby/src/bootstrap-js-compiler.ss: [running body]

On 4/13/10, Danny Yoo <dyoo at cs.wpi.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:06 PM, jay raj <jay3dec at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i tried to run /src/bootstrap-js-compiler.ss
>> as
>> mred bootstrap-js-compiler.ss
>>
>> and then run mred ../src/moby.ss fallingball.ss
>> but still not getting it right.
>
> Hi Jay,
>
> Have you been able to get it to run using the version on PLaneT?
> Let's try that and make sure there's no other variable that's causing
> the build to fail.

Posted on the users mailing list.