[plt-scheme] Re: show me your behaviour

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 9 22:54:19 EDT 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 6:21 PM, Raoul Duke wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Raoul Duke <raould at gmail.com> wrote:
>> How to people re-consider this in light of
>> interface/behaviour/role/collaboration i.e. the OO approach to
>> analysis, modeling, design, and implementation?
>
> p.s. yes, i'm reading the part of the paper that talks about OO, but
> i'm confused that it claims OO starts with data when there are OO
> approaches that talk about non-data-things like role behaviour first.
> maybe there's just enough different approaches all calling themselves
> OO that there's room to differ?

They are. Whenever you create programs, you represent information
from the real world in terms of data in your chosen language. I
consider the "behavior-first" stuff vOOdOO of the worst kind and
leads to unmaintainable programs based on stimuli-response action
stuff.

Posted on the users mailing list.