[plt-scheme] "Standard" coroutine library suitable for building filters as well as generators

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 5 14:23:45 EDT 2010

On 04/05/2010 12:17 PM, Scott McLoughlin wrote:
> I think the term is "fully asymmetric" coroutines, but please correct
> me if I'm wrong.  I'm not look for just Python style generators, but
> a much more robust coroutine implementation.
>
> I'm looking for a fairly "canonical, full" coroutine implementation,
> where a "yield" like operator can work at activation levels other
> than just the top level, and where a "yield" style operator can
> function as both a LHS or RHS operator (or two separate operators),
> facilitating sending values to a coroutine in a "filter chain" style
> structured program.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "work at activation levels other
than just the top level" but the scheme/generator library lets you send
values back through the `yield' operator.

http://docs.plt-scheme.org/reference/sequences.html?q=generator#(form._((lib._scheme/generator..ss)._generator))

Posted on the users mailing list.