[plt-scheme] Re: [OT] Making the transition from Java to C

From: Sigrid (keydana at gmx.de)
Date: Thu Sep 24 05:23:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

for C I don't know (also read Kernighan/Ritchie only), but for C++ I
could recommend "C++ for Java programmers" by Mark Allen Weiss. It
does not waste your time with explaining things you  guessed anyway,
but really focuses on the differences between the languages.
(Still, I find it hard to develop an interest in C++ when your first
language was Java, as even if you're not a Java enthusiast things get
only worse with C++... well, in general. With C I think it could be
different. And given that Kernighan/Ritchie is so short and such a
classic, IMHO it's perhaps best to read it quickly and then lookat
some real C code. At least that's what I imagine I would do :-) )

Ciao
Sigrid