[plt-scheme] Doc pointer? for foreign library memory management

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Thu Sep 10 14:05:30 EDT 2009

I'm creating bindings for foreign libraries that allocate memory,
presumably with malloc, and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do
in order to make it cooperate with 3m.  Is there any documentation on
this?  It looks like the FFI docs refer to Inside PLT Scheme, and
those docs suggest that these newly created pointers should be
registered with the collector.  However, looking at sndfile.ss and the
documentation for register-finalizer, I get the sense that I don't
need to register these pointers, that the scheme/foreign library is
taking care of this for me.

Again, if there's existing documentation that covers this, I'm all ears.

Many thanks,

John