[plt-scheme] distribution build process?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Tue Sep 8 14:26:58 EDT 2009

On Sep  8, Peter Michaux wrote:
> I'd like to learn about the build process of the various distributions
> of MzScheme and PLT available on the following pages
>
>   http://download.plt-scheme.org/
>   http://download.plt-scheme.org/mzscheme/
>
> I imagine these packages are built from the following source code
>
>   http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/tags/v4.2.1/
>
> I don't see a top-level Makefile in that tag directory that combines
> various parts of the four directories listed there into a tarball.
>
> Any information about the process would be appreciated.

There is an internal repository that contains the build and the
distribution scripts.  One specific file has the rules about what is
distributed in which package.  For the C part, the rules just specify
what should be included, for the Scheme part, the code actually verify
that dependencies are all satisfied.