[plt-scheme] generators with sequences

From: Jon Rafkind (rafkind at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 3 13:09:06 EDT 2009

Robby Findler wrote:
> One other thought: did your explorations with the call/cc variant
> suggest ways that Ruby might be broken? Did you try to confirm that?
> It may shed some light on the Scheme version.

Initially I was inspired by python but I tested Ruby and Python and
found them both to be ok. It doesn't seem possible in either language to
capture a generator's yield function and call it in a separate place. Of
course this also means you can't call yield from a helper function and
have it do what you expect (pointed out to me by a few people).

Posted on the users mailing list.