[plt-scheme] hosed doc search

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 1 10:17:53 EDT 2009

At Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:18:01 -0400, "Todd O'Bryan" wrote:
> I seem to have broken my documentation search. When I enter a search
> term and hit enter, something happens, but instead of the search
> results popping up, the same page pops back up.
>
> I've re-run setup-plt to no avail. What should I try next or where
> should I look to identify the problem?

You might need to delete a cookie with "PLT_Root" in its name.

I had to do that once after I installed a Planet package, opened docs
with `plt-help', and then removed the version-specific subdirectory in
my ".plt-scheme" directory. Searching got confused because the index
file had disappeared, and the "PLT_Root" cookie points to that index
file.

Posted on the users mailing list.