[plt-scheme] Re: Drscheme icon

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Oct 31 18:12:34 EDT 2009

On Oct 31, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> I really like the existing simple, pure red-and-blue design, like
> v204-205 and v206-present from the logos page.

+1

> What about simply making a gradientized SVG version of the existing
> logo, but otherwise changing nothing, for use with various desktop
> software that wants everything to be gradientized?

+1

IMO, the current logo's lambda is not great (even given the huge
obsession about it), and I wouldn't mind to see it change.  Also the
"shiny 90s look" looks a little old in comparison to new candy like
icons, so maybe it would be good to have a different style svg
specifically for icons.

But changing the colors is a much bigger change -- especially I think
that it works well to have the "\" split of the two colors.  So I
would like to see both of the left parts be identical -- it bugs me
that the gradients are not the same, and having a third color, uh,
between the legs of lambda really doesn't look too good.  (I also
showed it to my wife, and let's just say that "chocolate" wasn't the
first association that she had.)