[plt-scheme] Re: Drscheme icon

From: Neil Toronto (ntoronto at cs.byu.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 31 16:35:54 EDT 2009

John Clements wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2009, at 9:57 PM, Neil Toronto wrote:
>
>> You're the boss(es). I've attached an update.
>>
>> Leg warmers are, like, totally 80s, but if you want 'em on your
>> lambda, you've got 'em. Let me know if you want a popped collar on
>> that sucker.
>>

> I see what you mean: that lambda looks stately, and pretty much wrecks
> the dynamism of the shiny nineties look.

Actually, I was just teasing Shriram to get back at him for calling mine
ugly. Either that, or I was making a subtle philosophical point about
the rise and fall of fashions (note: backported explanation).

Wait... "shiny nineties look"? :p

> I still agree with Shriram's
> comments about the other lambda; that left leg looks ugly and grafted-on.

Yeah, I wasn't too focused on making the lambda look good - I was all
about the shiny. I also didn't know there was an SVG already.

It was annoying to extract the lambda from the SVG. (I had to play some
CSG ops + simplification games because the lambda is made of negative
space.) I've attached the extracted lambda for anyone who wants it.

> FWIW, I'm always happy to see the logo change.

We have the last logo designer's blessing! Full steam ahead! :)

Neil T