[plt-scheme] Segfault in web server (due to missing library??)

From: David Storrs (david.storrs at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 29 17:26:37 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM, David Storrs <david.storrs at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Jay McCarthy <jay.mccarthy at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> It doesn't segfault for me...
> >
> > Yeah, it doesn't segfault on my local machine either...it must be
> something
> > that we simply haven't installed yet.  Like I said, VERY bare bones.  I
> even
> > had to install locate, which I thought was part of the core system.
> You need openssl... I don't know what parts there are, so I don't know
> what the smallest part you need is.

  sudo apt-get install openssl
  openssl is already the newest version.

> Can you send the stack trace from gdb?

I'm actually having a little trouble turning the core file into a stack

  gdb core
  "[long path]/core": not in executable format: File format not recognized"

I tried compiling server.ss with mzc and doing gdb and running gdb
compiles/server.zo core but that failed the same way.  What is the right way
to do this?

> >> HMAC-SHA1/raw
> > #<procedure:...ers/hmac-sha1.ss:26:19>
> >> EVP_SHA1
> > #<procedure:ffi:proc>
> Can you call these two and report the results?
 > (EVP_SHA1)

 > (HMAC-SHA1/raw (string->bytes/utf-8 "key") (string->bytes/utf-8 "data"))
SIGSEGV fault on 0xe00000000

Thanks for the fast feedback on this, Jay.  No rush on it for now,
though...I'm walking out the door and won't be around until this evening.