[plt-scheme] a png file in World

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 26 10:57:18 EDT 2009

On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:37 AM, Keiko Nakata wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How can I make an image from a png file in World?
>
> I.e. I do not know how to use given png files for the plane or
> balloon except
> for copying and pasting them...

I do not understand your question so I'll provide two answers:

1. The Universe teachpack supports an optional descriptive clause for
world programs that allows you to record all events and create a
series of PNG files from all interactions. It also creates an animated
gif file. See

  http://docs.plt-scheme.org/teachpack/2htdpuniverse.html#(form._((lib._2htdp/
universe..ss)._record~3f))

2. If you wish to use existing PNG files with a world program, you
have two options:

   -- copy and paste the image from some other application (e.g., web
browser)
   -- use the Insert | Image ... functionality from the drscheme menus

In the future we will support programmatic inclusion of images from
files.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.