[plt-scheme] string-upper-case

From: David Storrs (david.storrs at gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 24 11:37:03 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Neil Van Dyke <neil at neilvandyke.org> wrote:
> DemAS wrote at 10/23/2009 10:21 PM:
>>
>>  I'm just wondering how can I make my string upper-case
>
> "string-upcase"
>
> (This actually doesn't show up in the help search, if one searches for
> "upper".  People *do* find "string-uppercase!" in "mzlib" with this search,
> which is unlikely to be what they want.)

I had a similar question recently.  Are there string-lcfirst /
string-ucfirst function?  e.g.:

(let ((lower "lowercase") (upper "UPPERCASE))
  (display (string-lcfirst upper) (newline))
  (display (string-ucfirst lower) (newline)))

=> prints:

uPPercase
Lowercase

If not, they are easy enough to write via regex / string-append.

--Dks

Posted on the users mailing list.