[plt-scheme] Questions on PLT status and project structure

From: (1031310562 at qq.com)
Date: Thu Oct 15 09:41:18 EDT 2009

The mutable pairs and lists work something like pointers in C,does  a mutable list works faster than a immutable one,generally?

From: "Neil Van Dyke"<neil at neilvandyke.org>;
Date: 2009年10月15日(星期四) 下午4:13
To: "Scott McLoughlin"<scott at adrenaline.com>; "PLT"<plt-scheme at list.cs.brown.edu>;
Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] Questions on PLT status and project structure

I've been involved in (what's now called) open source for a couple
decades, and have been using PLT Scheme for close to 8 years.

I think that PLT's development model has been working out very well.

At this time, I have more confidence in the existing model than I would
in a divvying-up of pieces of PLT Scheme among some network of community
members.

For random community members, like myself, writing PLaneT packages is a
no-brainer great way to contribute.  Bug reports and feature
suggestions, and even small patches, too.

Nothing precludes very smart community members someday taking up core
PLT development, such as in the event of all existing PLT developers
signing up to be astronauts on the Mars mission.  But until that time, I
wouldn't want PLT to mess too much with a winning formula.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/