[plt-scheme] Questions on PLT status and project structure

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 14 11:17:35 EDT 2009

Time is the one resource that is truly limited. My observation is that
the core PLT developers spend the majority of their time working
towards goals with real identified benefits (e.g. implementing
compiler improvements) rather than hypothetical ones (e.g. documenting
the JIT so that some previously unknown developers will suddenly start
working on it). Plenty of people on this list, including me, are happy
to talk about potential projects but few (99.99999% of the time, not
including me) actually do anything concrete about them. I'd really
much rather the people who do work on PLT just get on with it, rather
than spending their creating structures and verbiage for no observable
benefit. If there was a demonstrable need for the things you list I'm
sure these needs will be met.

Hope you don't see this as a personal attack.

N.